紀伯倫:關於子女

Kahlil GibranOn Children 

Your children are not your children. 
你的兒女,其實不是你的兒女。

They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
他們是生命對於自身渴望而誕生的孩子。

They come through you but not from you, 
他們藉助你來到這個世界,卻非因你而來,

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you. 
他們在你身旁,卻並不屬於你。

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你可以給予他們的是你的愛,卻不是你的想法, 

For they have their own thoughts. 
因為他們有自己的思想。

You may house their bodies but not their souls, 
你可以庇護的是他們的身體,卻不是他們的靈魂,

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, noteven in your dreams. 
因為他們的靈魂屬於明天,屬於你做夢也無法達到的明天。

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you. 
你可以拼盡全力,變得像他們一樣,卻不要讓他們變得和你一樣,

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday. 
因為生命不會後退,也不在過去停留。

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sentforth. 
你是弓,兒女是從你那裡射出的箭。

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
弓箭手望著未來之路上的箭靶,他用盡力氣將你拉開,使他的箭射得又快又遠。

Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness ;For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that isstable.
懷著快樂的心情,在弓箭手的手中彎曲吧, 因為他愛一路飛翔的箭,也愛無比穩定的弓。

IMG_3951.JPG

發表迴響

在下方填入你的資料或按右方圖示以社群網站登入:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / 變更 )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / 變更 )

Facebook照片

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / 變更 )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / 變更 )

連結到 %s